Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Operation 80 by 40

OK, I did it. I'm on a weight loss plan. This is something I really don't understand, especially since I'm really happy with myself, but I want to see what all the hype is about so I'm going to find out for myself. I've decided that I am going to lose 80 pounds by the time I'm 40. Then I've also decided that I'm just crazy enough to report my progress for the entire world to see... it might keep me on the target. I've always been adverse to doing things I don't like to do. I don't see the point, and life is too short to do things which you don't want to do. I realize people have differences in opinion about such a statement, but I've lived this far in my adult life, doing just what I please.

I started this insanity of Friday July 17th, weighing a whopping 236 pounds. I also had 450 days exactly. Today (July 21) 5 days into this, I've lost one pound and I'm breaking the coca cola addiction I have. To date, I've have 1, (Saturday) and I have a cold one sitting here in front of me, which I might indulge in shortly. If I can keep from having one on exercise/gym days and if I can only have 1 a day when I do decide to have one, I will have come a long way.

I put my money where my mouth was and joined the gym yesterday. Can you believe I've never used a piece of exercise equipment? I can read and they have detailed images on the machine, but the gym gives me 2 personal training sessions so I'm going to use one, to just get acquainted with the machines. I can see myself strung up on a cable at some point if I'm not properly shown. Honestly though, I hate to sweat. Its plain and simple not ladylike in my opinion. I don't like the feeling or the sensation of sweat, and I don't like to be wet, unless I'm in a shower or in some... um... other... um... well never mind. Going to the gym, encourages sweat. Getting on the equipment after someone else has been on it and has perspired (sweated) on it, is just nasty to me, so I gotta learn to like to sweat.

My water intake has drastically increased. I used to drink a gallon of water a day, then I started drinking less and less as my coke intake increased. I am very pleased to be back on the water kick again. I am conscious of what I eat all of the sudden too. I haven't had fast food since Friday, which is another miracle for me. No shame in my game, I'm a Wendy's girl. I didn't get to be this size on coke alone, Wendy's was a contributing factor. Alas, if I'm going to lose 80 pounds in 445 days something else is going have to go too. I found this nifty little app (for free) for my iPhone. Its called Lose It. It is a calorie and exercise counter. I'm pretty good with budgeting money, so I can be equally as good with budgeting calories. I only have a set amount to use each day, I can get more calories by exercising which is what I will have to do if I indulge but I'm trying to start off right, and stay on the wagon for as long as I can. I did walk outside today and smell Burger King and it made me weak, but I kept moving to get my 1.5 litre bottle of water. Hey, and that walk, counted as exercise too :)

My goal: Get back in a bikini, and have a last hurrah before I let it all go to pot again. Now I'll freely admit, I used to be a wild thing. There isn't too much I didn't do when I was younger and I had the time of my life doing everything I pleased. Then I married, and along came a child and decided that I would settle into adulthood. Now, the child is almost grown, and being "settled" isn't all its cracked up to be. I intend on putting the top back (on the cabriolet) when I turn 40, and riding out having people exclaim that I can't possibly be 40. I won't look like it and I won't act like it!

In your comments, I would love to hear about what exercises you do for various body parts. I need a routine of some sort I think.

2 comments:

Alice Hogan said...

Ok, I'll say it. Geocaching is excellent for exercising, and you have a buddy eager to do it any time. :)

Also, Susan and I try to walk almost every day - we go down to Centennial, around, and back. You are welcome to join us.

In other words, I'm here for you. I am in need of getting back on my own routine, so the more the merrier!

thekeyeduppianostudio@yahoo.com said...

Read Body for Life. Best book I've read on the subject and I've read a lot.
Very doable plan no matter where you are.